- Matching a worker’s abilities to the functional demands of a job
- Helping employers understand if they can accommodate experienced workers with functional limitations, and how to safely do so
- Reducing on-the-job musculoskeletal injuries
- Reducing work-injury costs for both employers and workers
Functional post-injury and return-to-duty testing:
- Helps medical providers determine progressive work-readiness abilities
- Clearly defines the limitations and capabilities of a worker returning to duty following an absence or injury
NOVA OHS offers two types of functional testing, based on a current functional job description. Screening for abnormal vital signs and other pre-existing conditions that could affect a worker during the evaluation or while on the job is typical.